The Best Blueberry Pie Recipe

I am going to make a confession to you guys today. I am borderline obsessed with baking pies. You guys probably already know how I feel about blueberries... yep an addict. I cannot get enough of them! It seemed only natural that I would share a favorite Blueberry Pie Recipe with you!

This pie comes together easily, especially if you use a premade pie crust. While I have a few unbelievable pie crust recipes, sometimes life with 2 little kids gets crazy busy. I take a helping hand where I can get it, and Pillsbury is always willing to shave a few moments off for me by producing lovely premade pie crusts!




Ingredients

  • 1 refrigerated pie crust
  • 4 cups blueberries
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel


Instructions


  1. Roll out one sheet pie crust to flatten. Fit into a 9-inch pie dish.
  2. In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup of the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and clear. Stir in butter; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 3 cups blueberries and lemon peel.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn cooled filling into pie shell. Lay the remaining pie crust on a sheet of wax paper. Roll out to flatten. With a knife or pastry wheel cut pastry into 3/8-inch wide strips. Arrange in a criss-cross pattern on top of blueberries, pressing ends into the edges of the bottom crust and crimping to seal.
  4. Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake in the bottom third of oven until crust is golden and filling bubbles gently, about 30 minutes. Cool on rack.

What is your favorite kind of pie? I honestly don't have a favorite. I like them all!  I hope you enjoy this recipe for Blueberry Pie! If you make it, I would love for you to share a pic with me on facebook! Don't forget to check out some of my other recipes!
You might enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nail Polish Ornaments

Color Swirling Milk Experiment

A Visit to the Topiary Park of Columbus